Friday, July 27, 2012

Eric Bergquist

Eric Bergquist is standing in the dark suit next to the podium, not behind it but leaning to his right, talking with the emcee perhaps.  This is a shot from the 2013 Trailblazers Hall of Fame induction, where his father, legendary desert rider, Larry Bergquist, a.k.a., "The Desert Fox," was inducted posthumously in April.  His dad was legendary, and Eric was, and probably still is, a great desert rider in his own right.  I regrettably did not attend the event, though Eric was generous and considerate enough to invite me.  A personal friend was in the hospital recovering from surgery.

I can't remember the first day that I met Eric.  He lived one block away on Conata Street in Duarte.  One of my prominent memories of this guy was when he rode his black chopper stingray bike down to our house on Elda Street.


I found the above photo at http://trailblazersmc.blogspot.com/.



No comments:

Post a Comment