The name of this place, at least when I was in
high school, was Chuck Burger. I used to come here during lunch with Al,
Bill, Bart, and Ernie. I think that I was one of the few in the group who
actually liked Chuck Burger. I did like their fish sandwiches. And
come to think of it I should really appreciate and thank Bart Dikes for driving
me there as much as he did. He was a senior. I was a
freshman. He could have easily gone with one of his senior friends, but
he invited me. He used to drive his Rambler with the gear shift on the
wheel shaft. Those were pretty good days. Thanks, Bart!
The lot that that
restaurant sits on has an interesting history. There used to be several
entertaining items here. There used to be a miniature golf, which someone
said closed in 1975. Also, there used to be one of the giant Paul Bunyan
plastic golf man, standing 20 or 30 feet in the sky. There was a terrific
arcade where I used to take photo booth snapshots of myself, sweaty after
jumping on the trampolines. So, they had an arcade with all of the
popular games at the time, like PacMan, DonkeyGong, Street Fighter,
Frogger, Q*bert, Asteroids, Galaga, pin-ball, and many others. etc.
There were
trampolines. There was miniature golf. At one point they used to
have bumper cars made with diesel inner tubes, which was kind of cool.
|
Saturday, June 16, 2012
Chuck Burger, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is actually in Monrovia.
ReplyDelete