Friday, June 15, 2012

The Sacred Heart of Mary's Alcove, March 2011

The pic above was taken on Saturday, April 23, 2022.

I loved this shrine when I went to school here, and I've loved it through the years as my mother would take me here to pray with her.

1955


This boy's name is Daniel Rivera.  I don't know him.  The year is 1955.  You can find this photo at the LAPL photo collection.  My brother, Dan, told me that he knew Daniel while attending Immaculate Conception briefly, and then continued to keep in touch with him a couple of years afterwards.

                                              
I took the following pics of Immaculate Conception in September 2021 after returning from Denver that August.  It's interesting to return to some of the holiest, peaceful, and dedicated hours I'd had as a kid both in my own life and observing dedication in others.  My mother used to in her quiet demeanor pray the Stations of the Cross here. 






No comments:

Post a Comment