Friday, June 15, 2012

Old Gas Station Across the Street from Immaculate Conception


I should make a few comments about this station.  I attended Immaculate Conception from 1st to the middle of the 3rd grade.  On my first day of school, my sisters Sally and Mary would walk me across the street to this station and the little mom-and-pop store that is just out of sight behind and to the left of that red pump on the left and under the cover.  We used to buy those Chunky chocolate cubes wrapped in tin foil.  They were such a treat, not only to eat but to unwrap.  It always felt special.  And we'd buy hot chocolate there too.  Was a nice memory.

A few recent shots . . . .







2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Couldn't beleive they were taken at Durate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anonymous @5:44. Duarte-ish. These are pictures of Immaculate Conception Church, which is actually in Monrovia. I realize the blog is on or about Duarte, but this church is close to Duarte. Appreciate your note.

      Delete