LA PUENTE, CA
Here are a few more landmarks of La Puente that I missed growing up. The only reason I had to visit La Puente was because of a young woman named Danette Martinez. I thought she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. But then my friend, Dave Moore, began dating her. Dating is a euphemism.
The Star Theater, La Puente, CA. You'll find a picture of its interior here.
This
was a beautiful tribute to a young family moving from the east coast in 1957
to the newly built town of La Puente. To see more of this family's life
in Southern California, see
here.
|
Here are a few more landmarks of La Puente that I missed growing up. The only reason I had to visit La Puente was because of a young woman named Danette Martinez. I thought she was the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. But then my friend, Dave Moore, began dating her. Dating is a euphemism.
The Star Theater, La Puente, CA. You'll find a picture of its interior here.
According to cinematreasures.org (a
great site with info on tons of old theatres), this theatre, located at 145 N.
First St. in La Puente, CA, "was designed by S. Charles Lee in the Quonset Hut style and opened as the Puente Theatre in late 1947.
It was renamed the Star and during its
later years, it ran adult films before being used for live Mexican
performances.
It became once again used as a
first-run movie theater, operated by an independent operator, but was closed in
2007."
See the color photo of the same theater:
Classic 1963 scene from La Puente. The photo belongs to Gary Cliser. I haven't seen that neighborhood since 1978 when my good friend Sean Moore died. We used to visit a few of his Bishop Amat friends in La Puente, but that was about it.
See the color photo of the same theater:
Classic 1963 scene from La Puente. The photo belongs to Gary Cliser. I haven't seen that neighborhood since 1978 when my good friend Sean Moore died. We used to visit a few of his Bishop Amat friends in La Puente, but that was about it.





No comments:
Post a Comment